Near the end of each year the wedding industry anxiously awaits the announcement of the Pantone Color of the Year. This is the color that will heavily influence wedding color palettes for the next year (and sometimes even longer). You will start seeing brides and grooms choose decor elements, floral arrangements, and bridesmaid dresses based off of Pantone’s announcement. You will also notice styled wedding inspiration shoots pop up early in the year that incorporate Pantone’s color choice. These shoots are designed to give fresh ideas on how to incorporate the color into wedding day details to brides and grooms to be.
For 2020, the announcement has just been made that is the 2020 Pantone Color of the Year is Classic Blue! Here a few tips and inspiration pictures on how to use Classic Blue on your wedding day, courtesy of our amazingly talented Orange Blossom Bride vendors!
How to incorporate Classic Blue in your wedding!
- Wedding Day Flowers: This may be one of most common ways couples will incorporate the 2020 Pantone Color of the Year into their wedding day color scheme. Your bridal bouquet, wedding ceremony flowers, and your reception centerpieces can all have Classic Blue incorporated in them. If you are in love with this year’s color of the year but worry that it may become too common, talk with your florist and brainstorm ways you can make your wedding bouquet and flower arrangements unique.
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Along with flowers, this is another way to use Classic Blue as a wedding color. Consider the idea of mismatched solid and floral patterned bridesmaid dresses incorporating the color for a fresh look for your bride tribe!
- Accessories: Bridal jewelry, shoes, tie, and even your wedding day makeup! Think outside the box and use for your wedding day look! Something blue will definitely be on trend this year!
- Cake! Use as a color for your wedding cake inspiration! You can choose to go bold, or simply use the colorful blue hue as your accent color.
- Wedding Day Tablescape: From fun patterned linens, chargers, and napkins all the way to personalized table numbers and name cards, Classic Blue can beautifully be incorporated into your wedding day tablescape.