In the beginning stages of your wedding planning process, you’ll be making decisions that will help you set the tone for the rest of your planning. Here are the first things you should do 12 months before your wedding day.
Important to note: The most popular wedding seasons in Central Florida are Mid March to End of May and Mid September to Mid November. If you are wanting to get married during this time, you will need to book your venue and the vendors you love as soon as possible due to the high demands of these months.
- Start thinking about where and when you’d like to have your wedding.
- Work on a preliminary guest list.
- Have your engagement ring appraised and insured
- Envision the style of your wedding. What colors and theme would you like to incorporate?
- Create a wedding budget and decide on who is contributing.
- Wedding Workout! If you are interested in starting a diet or exercise plan, now would be the time to do so.
- Search for and book your ceremony and reception venue.
- Decide on who will be officiating the ceremony. Some religions require a couple to take certain classes before officiating their wedding.
- Create a wedding website.
If you are less than 12 months before your wedding day, check out our wedding timeline below to make sure you don’t miss any important details.