Invitations are going out and the details are coming together. Here are the things you need to do 2 to 3 months before your wedding.
- Have your bridal shower and bachelor and/or bachelorette party.
- Finalize playlist details with your DJ or band.
- Get your marriage license.
- Finalize your ceremony details with your officiant.
- Decide on wedding favors.
- Make a timeline for the wedding day and give to your planner, photographer, and bridal party.
Tip: If you hire a wedding planner, they will create a timeline for your wedding and contact all your vendors, as well as make sure that everything is followed the day of. We highly recommend at minimum hiring a month-of wedding planner.
- Mail your wedding invitations, make sure to request the RVSPs are returned one month prior to the wedding.
- Create wedding ceremony programs.
- If you have received any gifts, for your shower or wedding, send out thank yous.
- If you are writing your own vows, start brainstorming ideas of the things that you’d like to include.
- Finalize the menu with your caterer.
- Purchase presents for your future spouse, wedding party, and parents. If you are creating welcome/goody bags for your out of town guests, purchase those items as well.
- Purchase any wedding accessories, such as earrings, undergarments, shoes, etc.
- Schedule your first dress fitting. Make sure to bring any accessories so that you can have an idea of your final look.
If you are more or less than 2 to 3 months before your wedding day, check out our wedding timeline below to make sure you don’t miss any important details.